Library is considered as the center for information storage and retrieval. if performs a supplementary and complementary role in teaching-learning and research activity. The services of the library contribute significantly to the development in information services particularly the e-learning process. Libraries today shoulder newer responsibilities in higher education wherein classroom teaching plays a facilitating role and the library becomes the primary learning resource. In spite of the dawn of e-Books and Online resources available at the click of a mouse, the necessity of books and the library is relevant ever to day.
The Department of Library Science is located centrally in the College premises for the Convenient use of students and staff. Library is a place of learning and plays an important role in the education of students. The college Library comprises learning resources i.e. Books, Periodicals, Magazines & various Journals for use of UG & PG students. The Library is computerized with NEWGENLIB package of VERUS Solutions. There is a separate Reading Room and Reference Section in the Library to inculcate the reading habit and to train the students in using the Library through Orientation classes. A separate visitor’s register is maintained for the use of students and staff.
1. To inculcate and encourage good reading habits by regularly introducing new library material.
2. To organize student orientation sessions regarding library and its resources.
3. To propagate the essence of the Five Laws of Library Science.
4. To ensure a peaceful atmosphere in the Library.
5. To provide additional information through book material and also through internet in order to supplement class room topics.
6. To provide access to internet, OPAC and e-resources to the library users.
7. To provide information regarding career/employment.