COLLEGE ANNUAL REPORT(2018-19)
Our college is the first Government College in the Telangna State to volunteer for the 3rd cycle of Accreditation by NAAC. We were awarded B+ grade. Recognizing the potential of the college, the University Grants Commission had conferred fresh autonomous status to the college in the academic year 2012-13 and the college is getting ready for second cycle of Autonomy Inspection in 2019-20.
This year, the college has registered student strength of 2500 with 19 U.G. courses and 06 P.G. courses. The infrastructure in the college is conducive to the multifaceted courses that we offer. Our Library comprises 22,000books, a Reading Room with e-corner, several Journals related to various subjects, Magazines and Newspapers. In the light of such academic and infrastructural facilities, we reiterate our commitment to our objective ‘Learning is the Best Ornament’, as we firmly believe that women empowerment alone can take the society to greater heights.
The Telangana Skill Knowledge Centre (TSKC) in the college is a prestigious initiative of the State Government and our college has been identified as the nodal centre for TSKC activities. At the TSKC, students are given training in Computer Skills, Aptitude and Communication Skills to instill confidence in the students to face the selection process for various companies. This year 250 students underwent JKC training out of which 150 students were placed in various companies like Elico, ADP, GENPACT, ILM Pvt. Ltd, HDB Financial Services Ltd., Team-Viba, Transdyne, Aegis Ltd., Hinduja Global Solutions, Country Club, Real Shoppe, Care India in the placement drives held during 2018-19.
• The pass percentage of the college has increased from 89% to 95% in the Academic Year 2018-19.
• The College introduced B.A. Computer Application with different combinations courses during the academic year 2018 - 2019.
• TSKC Curriculum on Employability Skills and Gender Sensitization Course was added to the 1st year Degree Course in semester I &II respective for 1 credit each from 2016-2017.
• In addition to the languages and core subjects offered, the college has introduced 16 GE and SE Electives in the academic year 2018-2019. The syllabus and the evaluation pattern for these 16 electives were designed by the respective Departments. Under the CBCS pattern 100 hours of training spread over three years either in NCC / NSS / Sports / Martial Arts has been made mandatory for all students from the academic year 2014-15.
• I am happy to inform you that the college in its endeavor to strengthen the teaching learning process has introduced Short Duration Certificate Courses for the academic and the student’s response to these courses has been overwhelming.
The staff and students of the college have been actively participating in the curricular,co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
• Our endeavor has always been to provide quality education to women students as education for girls and women is one of the most rewarding investments a nation can make. ‘Reach Out’ is a loving gesture by the teaching staff of our college through which financial assistance is given to needy students to pursue their education. This academic year ‘Reach Out’ helped to pay the tuition fee of 10needy students who did not receive any scholarship. The Staff of college are also funding for refreshment for students for the Telangana State Government initiative Intensive Examination Preparations Program (IEPP).'
• The College recognizes the importance of all the state holders and hence keeps in constant touch with them through Alumni meet and Parent Teacher meet every year.
• The College has the Grievance redressalcell / Internal Completes committeeto address the issues of Staff and Students.
• Recognizing our commitment of ensuring quality education, the UGC has sanctioned the following amount under the XII plan.
1.Additional Assistance Plan - Rs.50,00,000/-
2.Autonomy – Rs.12,00,000/-
3.Capital Assets Coaching Scheme – Rs.12,5000/-
4.Coaching Scheme and Equal Opportunity – Rs.2,31,000/-
5.IQAC – Rs.3,00,000/-
6.GDA-Capital – Rs.18,69,072/-
7.Grant – in – Aid – Rs.4,67,268/-
VARIOUS ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY THE INSTITUTION DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-17 ARE AS FOLLOWS.
• Department of Chemistry and Zoology organized an Elocution competition on the topic of “Pollution and its effects” on 11th July 2016.
• The Department of Chemistry organized a motivation lecture by Dr. Sireesha, Professor of Chemistry, Nizam College on 14.07.2016.
• Department of Computer Science & Applications and also Department of Chemistry conducted Quiz Competitions for Final year students on 19th July 2016 and 3rd January2017.
• Department of Chemistry organized Poster Presentation competition on “Pollution and its effects” for B.Sc III year students of GDCW Begumpet on 23rd July 2016.
• The Department of Computer Science and Applications conducted Elocution Competition on “Impact of new technologies on Human Life” 26th July 2016.
• Department of Botany conducted Survey for Green Audit on 27th July 2016.
• The Department of Chemistry organized Industrial visit to EPTRI (Environment Protection Training and Research Institute) on 28.07.2016.
• A lecture on “Smart Accountant” was conducted by the Department of Commerce in association with the “Impact Education” on 2nd August 2016.
• Department of Economics conducted debate on “ISGST Pros and Cons” for Final and Second year B.A. Students on 5th August 2016.
• Department of English organized an Exhibition to celebrate 400 years of William Shakespeare Legacy on 10th August 2016.
• The Department of Computer Science and Application organized a Poster Presentation competition on Generations of
Computer for B.SC II year students on 10th August 2016.
• A lecture on “Smart Accountant” and Impact of GST on Indian Economy and Accounting System was conducted by the
Department of Commerce in association with“Impact Education” on 10th August 2016.
• The Department of Commerce conducted a Guest Lecture on Stock Market on 26th September 2016 .
• Department of Botany conducted Vegetable and Fruit Carving competition on 24-01-2017.
• Department of Physics has conducted Elocution and quiz competitions on the occasion of NationalScience Day on 01-03-2017.
DAYS / WEEKS OBSERVED IN THE COLLEGE.
• Telangana State foemation day on 2nd June 2016 and The TSKC Students of the college participated in SHE TEAM
EVENT at Parade Ground .The Principal and seven teachers were the special invitees of the Telangana State on the
occasion of Telangana State formation day at International Convention Centre, Madhapur, Hyderabad on June 2nd , 2016.
• Birth Anniversary of ProfessorKothapalliJayashankar’ on 6th August 2016 was celebrated by the Department of Telugu.
• TelanganaBhashaDinothavamwas celebrated by Department of Telugu on 9th September 2016. V.NithyanandaRao
Associate Profesor in Telugu was the Chief Guest.
• Hindi Divas on 22nd September 2016 was celebrated by the Department of Hindi.
• The National Library week was celebrated from14th to 20th November 2016 by the Library Department organizing book Exhibition. The Department also conducted an essay writing competition on Demonetization Boon or Bane and Benefits of
Newspaper Reading on 17th November 2016.
• Hobby day is celebrated in the college every 3rd Saturday to cultivate Hobbies among the Students.
• National Science Day was organized by the Department of Zoology and Biotechnology which celebrated of Fest 2017 on
28-02-2017 as a mark of respect to Sir C.V. Raman.
• “WORLD HEPATITIS DAY” was celebrated by the Department of Zoology and Biotechnology on 28TH July 2016.
• TelanganaBhashaDinothavam celebrated by Department of Telugu on 9th September 2016. V.NithyanandaRao Associate Profesor in Telugu was the Chief Guest.
• International Women’s Day was celebrated by the College on 08-03-2017. The principal Dr. P. Rajani was honoured by the Thalka Trust for her achievements in the field of Education.
• The Department of Chemistry along with ECO club volunteers visited Puran Das Round Table Government School as a
community service and distributed long note books and Dustbins and Plantation was under taken on 13th July 2016.
• The Department of Chemistry along with Eco and Nature Club organized a Poster Presentation competition on the topic of
“Save Nature Save Life”.
• Consumer Club and Department of Commerce conducted Essay Writing Competition on 23rd December 2016 on
Consumer Rights and Responsibilities in English, Telugu and Hindi languages.
EXTENSION LECTURES / ACTIVITIES
• An Extension Lecture on “Excel as an Audit Tool” was conducted by the Department of Commerce in association with Impact Education
• Department of Sanskrit organizedan extension lecture by Prof. V. Anasuya on the occasion of Gurupournami on 19th July
• A lecture on “Smart Accountant” and Impact of GST on Indian Economy and Accounting System was conducted by the
Department of Commerce in association with“Impact Education” on 10th August 2016.
• K. Saiprasad from SBI head office gave an extension lecture on “Financial Literacy Awareness Camp” conducted by IQAC
• The students of U.G (B. Sc Chemistry) and P.G (M. Sc Organic Chemistry) along with Science faculty members Ms. Priyatha and Mr. Mallikarjun (50 +2) visited CSIR – NGRI on Open Day on 17th October 2016.
• Students of M. A. English I and II year and UG attendedHyderabad literary Festival at Hyderabad Public School on 27-01- 2017 and 28-01-2017.
• The initiative of CCE 2016-17 to Introduce Gender Sensitization Course in Government Degree Colleges across the state in semester II was inaugurated at GDCW Begumpet on 13-02-2017.
• Our students Participated in sale Cum Exhibition event organized by the Government City College, Hyderabad under DRC Activity on Feb-18 . The Students exhibited Bangles , Artificial Jewelry , Post Painting, best from waste, Food items etc. and each student earned Rs. 1500/- approximately.
• An awareness programme on ANTI RAGGING and EVE TEASING was conducted by Anti-Ragging committee and Student Union committee with the help of the She Team of Hyderabad City Police. ACP of Begumpet.
• Workshop on Business Orientation was conducted by Dalit Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DICCI) Department of Commerce on 22nd August 2016.
• Telangana State Commission For Women, Hyderabad in collaboration with District Resource Centre and Women Empowerment Cell of Government Degree College For Women, Begumpet organized Two Day District Level Workshop on Legal Awareness Programme on Laws related to Women on 3rd and 4th March 2017.
• United Nations Development Program (UNDP) visited the college and TSKC students attended a seminar titled “Pankh Portal”, a Portal for Career Counseling exclusively for young women.
• The Department of Commerce in association with Impact Education conducted a guest lecture on “Dare to Dream” challenges. It focused on job opportunities and how students can avail those opportunities on 13th July 2016.
• Career Counseling activity is organized by Student Union Committee on 19th December 2016 as part of UNDP project. Resource person was G. Srinath Reddy from Coign Consultant Private Limited.
• The Department of Commerce conducted Career Guidance Guest Lecture on Chartered Accountancy Course for B.com
final students on 21st December 2016.
• The Career Guidance cell of the College conducted an extension lecture on Trends in Employment on 28th December
• United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) conducted a one day work shop on “Career Guidance and Placement
support Nayidisha Project” in Govt Degree college for Women ,Begumpet on 27th September 2016 .
HARITHA HARAM ( STATE GOVERNMENT INITIATIVE)
• Department of Botany conducted TelanganaHaritha Haram Programme in the Campus on 8th June 2016.
• Department of Botany conducted Haritha Haram Mass Tree plantation on the campus. In connection with Telangana Haritha Haram, on 18th July 16 and Celebrated TelanganakuHaritha Haram.
• Department of Botany planted Medicinal plants in the College Medicinal Garden and conducted the district level competitions.
• Five NSS students of GDC (W), Begumpet were nominated by Osmania University to attend International Youth Seminar
from 23rd – 27th April 2016. The seminar was organized by Heartfulness Institute in collaboration with Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
• Ms.V.V.Mallika Unit I Programme Officer attended 4thTraining and Orientation Programme for NSS Programme Officers from 8th to 14th June, 2016 at UGC-Academic Staff College,OU,Hyderabad.
• On 21st June the NSS four units Programme officers conducted second International Day of Yoga at Gachibowli Stadium, Madhapur, in association with Heartfulness Institution 200 NSS volunteers participated in the Telanganaku Haritha Haaram programme conducted by the NSS Cell,Osmania University, Hyderabd at DRDO office Medak District.
• 11th August, the NSS four units conducted Blood Donation Camp programme in the college campus in association with
Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan. .
• On 13th August clean and green programme was undertaken by the volunteers on the eve of Independence Day Celebrations in the College.
• On 15th August, AZADI 70 YAAD KARO QURBANI -Freedom Run rally was conducted by NSS Four Units in the college campus to create awareness among the students about the sacrifices made by our Great freedom fighters .
• From 17th to 18 th August, Blood Grouping and Anemia Test was conducted by the NSS four Units in the college campus
for all students of B.A./B.Sc / B.Com and P.G streams in collaboration with Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan.
• On 23rd August the concluding celebrations of Freedom run AZADI 70 yaad karo qurbani Mass singing of National Anthem is conducted in the college by the NSS four Units
• Ms. V.V. MallikaUnit I ProgrammeOfficerattended Training Trainers Programme of Social Harmony, National Unity and
HumanRights for NSS Programme Officers from 8th -12th September, 2016 at Coimbatore.
• The Unit II NSS volunteers Ms. SaiVarshitha and Ms. Samitha Rani have attended the National Integration Camp from 24th to 30th October 2016 at GhatkesarMandal, conducted by NSS Cell Osmania University , Hyderabad.
• Organized essay writing competition and group discussion on Challenges of National Integration on the occasion of Ekta Divas on 01-11-2016.
• The NSS four units have conducted aprogrammeon Installation of RotaractClubsin the college campus in association with Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan on 09-11-2016.
• Ms.Bhargavi unit III NSS Volunteer attended National Integration camp at Ranchi, Jharkhand from 13th to 20th December 2016 conducted by NSS Cell, Osmania University , Hyderabad.
• Ms.V.V.Mallika Unit I ProgrammeOfficer has been deputed as Contingent Leader from Telengana to participate in PravasBharathiyaDiwas- National Integration Camp
• The NSS Four Units of GDCW, Begumpet Hyderabad organized One Day District Level Training Programme on Digital
Payments on 12-01-2017 as a part of National Youth Day celebrations.
GAMES AND SPORTS:
1. INTER UNIVERSITY TOURNAMENT:
Our students have been participated in inter university tournament as follows:
1. Rajani- BCom III - Kabaddi (Coimbatore)
2. Fareeda- BAII - Volleyball (Chennai)
3. Ruchika- BCom I - Hockey (Chennai)
2. INTER COLLEGE TOURNAMENT:
College teams have been participated in various Inter College Tournaments in various events as Chess, Carroms, Boxing, Volley ball,Throw ball and Kabaddi we secured III Place.
3. YUVATARANGAM CLUSTER LEVEL TOURNAMENT:
In Yuvatarangam Cluster Level tournament our college was winners in all events and qualified to participate in State
Level Tournaments and we got II place in Kabaddi and Volleyball III place in Chess and Athletics events
4. SAKSHI ARENA ONE:
In sakshi arena one events we got I place in Kabaddi and Carroms singles.
The College lays special emphasis on NCC training as a tool to groom the youth into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The college has NCC Company with cadet strength of 100 and is attached to 7 (T) Girls Battalion of Hyderabad group.
• Each year NCC cadets participate in regular parades in every Saturday and camp trainings in Bison Training Ground and other places ( TSC , LIDC ,LRDC, NIC, SNIC, ATC)
• The service activities of NCC cadets include International Yoga Day, Pulse polio, visit to Orphanages , old age homes ,
AIDS Day rally , Drug Abuse rally , Blood donation camps ,THH, Flag Day fund collection, 5K Run, YuvatarangamSwach
• Lt.Dr.P.Vijaya, Assistant Professor in Botany has attended Annual Training Camp conducted by 1Telangana R&V at Bison
Training Ground from 30thOctoberto 8th November 2016.
• 05 cadets (G. Sri Lakshmi, Shaheen Begum, K. Aishwarya, ManishaKoirala and K. Soujanya) participated in the Local
Independence Day camp from 07.08.2016 to 16.08.2016 and 04 cadets (M. Bhavani, PremaJyothi, S. Shivaniand Naga
Devi) participated in the Local Republic Day camp from 18.01.2017 to 27.01.2017 at Bison Training Ground, Secunderabad.
• 03 cadets (G. Sri Lakshmi, ManishaKoirala, and G. Jayanthi) participated in the Special National Integration Camp (SNIC)
from 09.10.2016 to 21.10.2016 at Peddapuram,Kakinada and from 2.2.2017 to 17.1.2017 at Nagaland. The focus of this
camp was Firing in Costal area.,Career guidance Programme.
• 04 cadets ( MeghanaChakravarthyShaik Salma, K. Soujanya and K. Sri Lakshmi Gparticipated in NIC at Portblair
from 25.11.2016 to 04.12.2016, Kerala from 9.9.2016 to 18.9.2016, Trichy, Tamilnadu in November 2016 and Borabanda,
Hyderabad. The focus was on Integration and Personality Development.
• 44 II Yr cadets 23 III Yr Cadets participated in various Annual Training Camps held at Bison Training Ground.
• The Principal, NCC Cadets, and the Staff took part in a rally focusing on “Drug abuse and Illicit Trafficking”on 6 July 2016
• The Department of Botany and the NCC participated in clean and green programme held in the college premises on 30th
TEACHERS TRAINING PROGRMME
• The CCE Government of Telangana conducted Summer Training Programme in Capacity Building for Quality
Enhancement and Restructuring Academic Leadership in Government Degree colleges during April-May 2016. Twenty-
one teachers have attended the programme. Ms. Anita Abraham, Ms. V.V. Mallika, Ms. J Sridevi were the course
coordinators of the summer Training Programs.
• Three teachers of GDC (W) attended Orientation Programme at Moulana Azad National Urdu University from 27-04-2016
• J.Sridevi, Dept. of Microbiology/TSKC Convener attended a One Day Workshop at NIMSME, Yousufguda “ National
Scheme on Entrepreneurship Development” Conducted by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
Development” conducted by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship on 7th September 2016.
• Ms. V.V Mallika, Assistant Professor in Public Administration and NSS Programme Officer was nominated by NSS
Reginal Directorate, Hyderabad to attend the Train the Trainers Programme on “ Social Harmony, National Unity and
Human Rights” at Bharatiyar University, Coimbatore from September 8th to 12th2016.
• 22 Teachers of the College attended the RUSA spousered Summer Training program conducted by CCE as a capacity
• 7 Teachers attend OC and 3 teachers attend RC in various subjects .
STUDENTS TRAINING PROGRMME
• Eleven students of GDC (W), Begumpet attended a three-day Entrepreneurship Basics Boot Camp at Indian School of
Business, Gachibowli, Hyderabad from 15-03-2016 to 17-03-2016.
• 20 students of GDCW (A), Begumpet attended a programme “International Girls in ICT” on 28th April 2016.
• Confederation of Indian Industry launched “YuvaJagrithi” programme on 14th June 2016 for nurturing young leaders.
• Department of Arts conducted Group- II coaching classes from 22nd October 2016 to 7th November 2016. 35 students
attended the coaching classes.
• CII Programme – Yuva 360 0 leadership Training Programme was held in the Conference Hall from 10 a.m to5. p.m on 4th November 2016. An Interactive Lecture by KashifKalim, Data Specialist and Social Media Strategist on “Social Media
Awareness” helped students.
• Yi Yuva students of GDCW Begumpet, attended an Interactive Session by Mr. Deva DuttPatnaik on Mythology and it’s
Relevance in Today’s Business World at Indian School of Business, Gachibowli on 14th December 2016.
•16 students have joined a two months long certificate course in House keeping and Food production & Bakery at
ITCkakatiyaunder program “ Hunar Se RozgarTak” from 17th December 2016.
• The Department of English conducted a week long programme “ICT in English Classroom” from 02.01.2017 to 06.01.2017 and used a variety of Language lessons using audio- visual aids.
• CII Programme – Yuva 360 0 leadership Training Programme was held in the Conference Hall from 10 a.m to5. p.m on 4th November 2016. An Interactive Lecture by KashifKalim, Data Specialist and Social Media Strategist on “Social Media Awareness” helped students.
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
Health Camp on Menstrual hygiene
• Lecture by Dr.Sai Lakshmi Daayana, Gynecologist from Apollo Hospital on personal hygiene, menstrual problems, treatment and diagnosis on 18-12-2018.
• Blood sugar, Blood pressure, Height , Weight checkup for students, Dental check up
EYE SCREENING CAMP
• Eye Checkup camp was held in Government Degree College for women, Begumpet, on 26th to 31st, October 2018.
• The camp was inaugurated by our Principal Dr.G.Yadagiri garu .
• A team of Eye specialists from Kanti Velugu programme conducted the eye screening camp for all the staff and students. The objective of this event was to spread awareness on eye disorders their early detection and detect refractive errors and eye ailments. The team counseled the students on eye straining effects of computers and modern life style and educated them on preventive and curative tips for vision – related problems. Free consultation and medication for eye ailments and spectacles were distributed as a part of screening programme
Student were created awareness about endangered animals and Quiz was conducted
• Siddam Ngo have organized An awareness camp on breast and Cervical cancer by Dr.D.SaiLaxmi Daayana, gynaecologist,.and lecture by Dr.Ashish chouhan , Diabetologist , from Apollo hospital, Jubliee hills.
• The lecture also included causes and prevention of breast and cervical cancer and vaccination. Food habits and risk of cancer.
COACHING CLASSES FOR EMPLOYEMENT AND PG COURSES.
• Department of English, Chemistry and Mathematics offered Coaching for PG Entrance Exam during the month of May
several students secured University Ranks.
MOU /TIE- UP’S
• The college entered into a tie up with ITC Kakatiya, Hyderabad and 14 students from the college attended a certificate
course in Hotel Management with specialization in Bakery and Hospitality Management in May 2016.
• To improve the Skills of students Telangana Higher Education department has signed an MOU with United Nations
Development Programme (UNDP) in December 2016. As a part of it Entrepreneurship Orientation Training was conducted on 19-01-2017 in Government Degree College for Women,Begumpet. The programme was inaugurated by the honorable MLA of Kukatpally Constituency, Sri Madhavaram Krishna Raogaru and he also ensured to create job opportunities for girl students in Small Scale Industries.
• The college has an MOU with Roshini Counseling center ,Tharuni the girl Child rights Organization, Rotary club and Thalka foundation.
• The Department of Commerce has an MOU with The Dalit Indian Chamber of commerce and Industry and also with an Organization called Impact Education.
• In addition to this the college has MOU with Sri Rama Chandra Mission, Institution of Sri RamanadaTirdha, NGO, Lead life foundation. Tie-Up with Institute of Genetic and Hospital for Genetic Diseases , Inter Labs India Private Limited, National Institute of Nutrition and Regional English Language office. All the above organizations help in conducting various activities.
• As per the instructions of the Government of Telangana 1st Year Degree Admission to Government was made Online for the academic year 2016-2017.
• Gender Sensitization Course was launched digitally by Smt. SmritiIrani, Honorable Minister of Human Resources Development, GOI at JNTU Auditorium, Kukatpally on 3rd June 2016. Students from GDC (W) Begumpet interacted with the Minister Ms. V.V Mallika was the coordinator of the programme.
• The Intensive Examination Preparatory Program (IEPP) a Government of Telangana initiative to prepare students for exams through mandatory study hours was started from 06-03-2017. From 3:30 to 5:00 PM.
• MANATV workshop for presenters was organized by the CCE at RUSA Resource Centre on 25th June 2016. Ms. Anita
Abraham was selected as presenter for English lesson on MANA TV.
• RebinaNaaz of B.Sc BZC III year presented a lesson on the topic “Structure and Functions of Mammation Heart” It was
telecast through ‘MANA TV’ as part of Students as a Teacher programme organized by CCE.
• P. Monica of B.Sc. Biotechnology presented a lesson on MANA TV on 28th December 2016 titled Preservationof
Microorganism in Student as Teacher Programme.
• PG M.A. English students of 2014-2016 Batch secured the following University Ranks.
- University 4thrankAnagha Joy
- University5thrank -DameraJyoshna
- University 6thrankAkurathiHemani
- University9thrank K. Sandhya
• We congratulations the achieves : R .Akshita of B.Sc I year received 2nd prize at Zonal level in All India Essay Writing Event 2016 organised by Shri Ram Chandra Mission and United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan. Priyanka Thakur and T. Radhika received certificate of merit on 28-01-2017.
• Commerce students participated in the Commerce Talent Test held at Indian Institute of Management and Commerce, Hyderabad on 31-01-2017.
||Name of the Student
||GDC(W)(A), Begumpet, Hyderabad
||GDC(W)(A), Begumpet, Hyderabad
||GDC(W)(A), Begumpet, Hyderabad
||M.L. Teena Devi
||GDC(W)(A), Begumpet, Hyderabad
• Rashmita B.Com final received State First Prize for Classical Dance in Yuvatharangam 2016 on 27-02-2017.
• Ms.ShaheenBegum I MPCs got II prize for Poetry writing in Yuvatharangam 2016.
• Ms. G.Sree Lakshmi I BZC and Ms.M.Neeraja I.B.Com won the II Prize in Poster making at the State level Yuvatarangam Festival.
• Fareeda of BA II year has secured IV place in Badminton tournament conducted by Indian Express print and media group on 04-03-2017.
• IAS Academy conducted competitions on Essay writing on topic “Role of youthin todays world ” Two students won the prize and they 50% discount in IAS training.
• “SHE TEAM” conducted Essay writing competition on 2nd Anniversary of She Team and got I and II prize.
• In Boot camp our students won I and III place for pitching their ideas.
• The College In association with UNDP the company called coignregistered nearly 1500 students and conducted psychometric test for Career counseling and the college stood I in this state for this act .
• 3 students of our college won three I prizes in a district level essay writing completions on liberation of Telanganain English, Telugu, Hindi Languages.
• The new text book for General English for 1st year UG was released. Ms. Anita Abraham, Associate Professor in English has written two lessons in the new 1st year UG Textbook
• J.Sridevi, TSKC Coordinator attended Review Meeting held at SarvaShikshaAbhiyan, (OPP. LB Stadium) on 06.12.2016. Various aspects related to TSKC Curriculum, its transaction were discussed by the Chairman SmtVani Prasad, Commissioner, CCE, Telangana State.
• Faculty and students from the Department of Botony attended theInternational Conference on Green Trends in Environmental Sustainability – ICGTES at St. Ann’s College for Women on 16th and 17th December 2016. MsTasmeenFarhat, Dr P Vijaya, Ms B Rukmini Devi and CH Joythimai presented papers.
• Ms. Anita Abraham, Associate Professor of English co-ordinate and conducted the Orientation Training Programme for Guest Faculty working in Telangana Social Welfare Residential Degree Colleges in the capacity of Resource Person from 04.01.2017 to 10.01.2017JD Saraswathi and V.V Mallika of Department of Public Administration delivered Video classes at EMMRC (Electronic and Multi media Research Centre ) Osmania University on 9.3.2017 , 11.3.2017.
• Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi and T. Uma Devi from the Department of Chemistry and students attended a Lecture on Education in China at MCR HRD on 28-02-2017.
• Ms Anita Abraham, Associate Professor, Incharge Department of English, and MsNirmalaAssisstant Professor in Statistics attended a two day NAAC sponsored National Level Conference on “Developing A Culture of Quality: Implementing and Sustaining Approaches to Quality in Higher Education” on 3rd and 4thMarch 2017.The paper titled Extension Initiative by Telangana State Government in Government Degree Colleges: An Impact Evaluation of TSKC at GDC(W) was awarded best paper at the conference.
• Thirteen Faculty members have attended and presented papers in National 7 International seminar & Conference.
• 10 Faculty members have published papers and written articles for Books & Journals.
SOCIAL WORK/EXTENSION ACTIVITY
• Students and Faculty of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration visited to Sai Junior College for Blind run by the Revanar Foundation to deliver extension lectures and recitation of stories on 8th August 2016.
• The Department of Chemistry regularly visits Puran Das Round Table Government School as a community service and distributed long note books, Dustbins and Plantation work was under taken on 13th July 2016.
I wish the Students all the very best for the forthcoming examinations and wish all the final year students success in all their future Endeavors.
Thank you one and all.